Monday, July 6, 2020

Antics of Awstin & Bryce

Sometimes children do things that are just so cute or unique that you really want to remember it. The best way for me to do that is to put it on my Blog. I keep Awstin & Bryce every other Wednesday and I got such a cute video of Bryce in the walker that I decided to post it. Here's a little background: 

Bryce is in the walker minding his own business, when suddenly he hears Awstin coming around the kitchen table on his tricycle (yes, Awstin is way too big for the tricycle, but I still let him ride it). Bryce takes off like a shot (I'm not sure if he's trying to get away or just so excited that he has to go somewhere) and runs into a cupboard. All is quiet, so he backs up and gets distracted by the magnets on the refrigerator. Suddenly Awstin lets out an earsplitting yell and whizzes past Bryce and on into the living room. Bryce snaps to full alert when he hears the yell and takes off after Awstin only to be left in the dust.

This is a video of Bryce smiling happily as he hits a toy against the tricycle. I just like his beaming face in this one.

Awstin always likes to be doing something and he isn't afraid to take things into his own hands to make things happen. Apparently, he was bored one afternoon and unbeknownst to his parents, decided to write a letter to me asking if he could come over. Amazingly, I received this letter in the mail. How the post office ever figured the address out, I'll never know. 
It's hard to get Douts Hill from that but the mailman did. Don't you love where he put the stamp?
This is what he wrote.
That evening I saw him and Shawn, and I told them I got the letter. Shawn said they certainly didn't know anything about it, because they wouldn't have let him send an envelope that looked like that. Awstin was delighted that I had gotten the letter and then he informed us that he sent one to the Ebys too. The Ebys are a family that go to our church, and they kept Awstin when he was small and over summers when he was in school. He has always loved going to their house and I guess thought it was time for another visit. How on earth he knew their address is beyond me, but he did.
Their envelope is a little more readable :)


Their letter is typed and it is hilarious. How does he know all their ages? 

skoal is how he spelled schedule. Fill is for Phil. And don't you love how he signed it from the Lehman's, not from himself!



Children these days don't even write letters. Everything is Facetime and text. Awstin is very good with texting and it is not unusual to get a text from him from one of his parent's phones. I think it is interesting and commendable that he decided to use the old fashioned snail mail to schedule some times for him to come to my house and the Eby's.

No comments:

Post a Comment