Saturday, July 25, 2020

Another Letter from Awstin

In a previous post, I showed you a letter that I received from Awstin, asking if he could come over to my house. I wrote him a letter back, suggesting a date that he could come to my house and that we would go to the Choo-Choo Barn on that day.  I have always kept Awstin one day a week since he was small, and one of the things we started doing when he was big enough to really enjoy it was go to the Choo-Choo Barn in Strasburg. I purchased a season pass for both of us and we would spend hours there at a time. It is something Awstin just doesn't get tired of. The Choo-Choo Barn is always closed from January to March and since COVID hit in March they were not able to re-open so it has been a long time since we have been there. Recently, their Facebook page said they are open with all of the COVID restrictions--face mask, 6 ft distancing, number of people allowed in the room, etc. I wasn't sure if Awstin would be able to handle all the restrictions so put off going, but after talking to him about it and him telling me he thought he could abide with the guidelines, I have decided to give it a try. So I sent him a letter inviting him to come to my house and go to the Choo-Choo Barn with me. This was his reply to my letter. 

My heart melts with his closing - 1,000 loves

His envelope was a little better this time. I believe he had some adult supervision :)

Awstin references the move that Steve and I will be making this Fall to the apartment at the store. Like all the grandchildren, Awstin loves to shop and help with the register at the store, so I guess he thinks it would be a lot of fun to live there! We will definitely be letting the grandchildren take turns staying overnight with us when we move so they can get a little experience of operating the store with us. We are so looking forward to this move and I will eventually dedicate a blog to all the renovations that we have been doing as we prepare our cozy little (but surprisingly big) apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment