Friday, October 16, 2015

Say Yes to the Dress!

Success! Megan and I are both owners of new dresses to wear to the wedding!

We chose last evening to try our luck at finding something suitable to wear for the big event. We started out at Burlington where I had gotten my dress for Megan's wedding but found nothing there. We than hit a couple of other shops before stopping for supper at Ruby Tuesday's. After eating, we went to Ross's and tried on quite a few. Fortunately, Megan found one that she liked and so our evening was at least halfway successful. There was really nothing that even came close to anything that I was looking for and it was getting late so we decided to quit for the evening.

I was a little discouraged but on the bright side, Megan and I had a nice time together. Chatting over supper was very relaxing and enjoyable and Megan getting a dress stuck that she couldn't get off was simply hilarious and everyone in the dressing room heard us howling with laughter. We managed to avoid the grumpiness that usually hits us when we clothes shop so that in itself was cause for celebration.

After I left work today, I decided on a whim to stop at the Community Closet Thrift Store and see if they had any dresses. Low and behold there was actually one that looked like something I might wear. It still had tags on so had never been worn. I tried it on and I liked it! I brought it home and it passed Megan's inspection. I sent a picture to Julissa and she approved so I think I am good to go. Hallelujah! I am so happy to mark that off  my list.

Check back in January for a picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment