Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pictures of Some of My Favorite Little People

I looked back over my Blog and realized it has been two whole months since I posted any grandchildren pictures. Imagine that! I thought I better add a few before we forget what they look like (ha!). Kristen had jury duty in Lancaster the beginning of the week. Her mother kept the children on Monday and Tuesday and then we had them Tuesday night until Wednesday noon when Kristen came to pick them up. Actually, we didn't have Hannah over night, but Steve met Kristen in Lancaster Wednesday morning where they transferred Hannah from car to car and he brought her to our house. She has been a little uncertain about me (especially when Jay or Kristen were around and she could choose them), but I was really pleased because she seemed to like me just fine and was a happy little girl. The others stayed overnight and we slept upstairs for the first time. I had always just had the girls sleep with me in  my bed and we would chase Steve downstairs to the sofa but I finally got the upstairs somewhat organized since Megan moved out. I put a single bed in the one room and then in the other I have a futon that opens up into a double bed and I also put a toddler bed in that room. The girls and Mark slept in that room and I slept right next door in the single bed. After some initial "fighting" over who slept where and the normal excitement that is expected when children stay overnight, they settled down and slept through the night. In the morning, since it was Wednesday, Awstin joined us, so for a few hours all of the grandchildren were here. Awstin was jumping around and entertaining Hannah for a little bit and I snapped the picture posted above. I thought it was so cute. She seems thrilled with the attention he is showing her and he is delighted that she is laughing at him.


A day wouldn't be complete without a barrel train ride. We went to Megan and Jeremy's house to watch the train in their basement. Mark loved the Lehman Ag truck on the end and always ran for it. Thankfully the girls and Awstin didn't object to him claiming it.


The girls enjoyed playing with Samantha and Kit.

Handsome Mark!

What a face!

Cutie!

Hannah loved the swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment