Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Oh No! I Need To Buy Another Dress!

Well, now that the excitement about the news of the wedding has died down, I need to turn my attention to another important matter. As you know, if you were reading my blog through Megan's wedding, the part I dreaded the most was finding myself a dress to wear. My sister graciously supported me through this and in the end we were successful in finding one that I was pleased with.

Megan and Jeremy were at our house for supper the other evening and we were talking about the wedding. I mentioned the need to buy a dress and Megan said that she also would be looking to purchase one for herself as well. I suggested jokingly that maybe we could go together. I said this in jest, because Megan and I don't have a very good history of clothes shopping together. Unlike other women, who seem to thrive on shopping, it is just the opposite for us. We usually both end up in a really bad mood. I did not bring up the subject again, and figured that I would ask Lois to accompany me to try to find a dress.

Yesterday, Megan stopping in briefly and out of the blue said, "I've been thinking. Let's go together to buy our dresses for the wedding." I was surprised but delighted. I was secretly hoping that we could make it a joint effort but wasn't going to say any more about it.

The two of us have not been shopping together in a long time. Probably the last time was when we purchased her wedding dress and that went amazingly well. I'm hoping that this venture is successful too.

I called my sister to tell her that she had been demoted and would not have to go along with me to look for a dress. She laughed and said that she was not one bit disappointed. She loves those kind of demotions. Imagine that! Apparently, the dislike of clothes shopping runs in the family.

So...the saga begins. Hopefully Megan and I can actually enjoy this adventure a little bit. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment