Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hard Times

The last couple of days have been hard. Steve's dad has not been feeling very well and it is difficult to see him so weak and tired. I remember when my dad died, at the end he just kept saying that he was so tired. I know that every situation is different but it is hard for me not to compare. When I hear and see that Dad just wants to sleep and has no energy I have flashbacks of my dad's last days. I am so thankful that we can trust God in every circumstance. I keep thinking of the lyrics to a song written by Rodney Griffin:

If this is what God wants
If this is what God says
Then who am I to doubt
or try to figure out this circumstance
If this is what God chose for me
In all His majesty
Then surely I can trust and lean on what God says

Sometimes the storms in life are not what we would choose
if we had the power to choose them for ourselves
We would choose the easy way.....

I can't remember the rest, but you get the picture. God is in control and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment