Monday, September 14, 2015

Another Wedding!!!!! (And a Prayer Request)

The big news is that we are going to have another wedding in the family! Josh and Julissa are planning to tie the knot on January 10, 2016. I could not be happier for both of them. It has been so exciting to see their relationship blossom over the summer. My other three children married young, but Josh didn't seem in a particular hurry to find someone to share his life with. I think he enjoyed being single, however, the past several years, he put out a couple of hints that he would welcome a relationship so of course, some of us were intent on helping him succeed! Although I may have had a small part in getting them together, Josh's grandparents played a much bigger role and obviously in the end Josh and Julissa were the ones that decided they were right for each other. Every time I think of them, it brings a smile to my face and it was fun to see the happiness of friends and family when they announced their engagement. Who doesn't love a happy ending?!?!

On a more somber note, along with all the joy that this wedding is bringing there is some sadness and a very special prayer request. Steve's dad (Josh's grandpa) has just been diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. He and Steve's mom were the ones that were instrumental in introducing Josh and Julissa. When we asked Dad how we could pray for him, he expressed thankfulness for the love and support the family is giving him and requested that we pray that he would have peace, especially about his decision not to undergo chemo treatment. Then he added, "I would really like to be able to attend Josh and Julissa's wedding." It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it and oh, I hope and pray his wish is granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment