Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dear Lydia

Dear sweet Lydia! You are two years old today! It has been so much fun to watch you develop and grow. I remember the day you were born. I met your parents and Alexis in the Women's and Babies parking lot to take Alexis home with me. Your daddy struggled to get Alexis' car seat transferred and buckled in properly and I could see that your mommy was anxious to get inside the hospital. Alexis and I were barely home when your daddy called to say that you had arrived! I guess you were in a hurry to make your entrance!

As I remember, you were a contented baby and everyone enjoyed your sunny disposition.  In looks, you reminded me so much of your daddy. You definitely resemble his baby pictures a lot! One thing I remember is that you liked to go to anyone who was standing up. If whoever was holding you was sitting down and someone else came and reached for you, you would immediately put your arms up in the air to go to them. Also, from very early on, you loved Chip. All we had to do to keep you entertained was take you to the window and show you Chip. You would get so excited and pound the window and I think one of the first words I heard you say was "ip."

After you learned to crawl, you were a little busy body. Anything you could reach came toppling down. Cupboards and drawers were emptied. As you got older and more mobile, chairs were the greatest stepstools. You would push them to wherever you wanted and then use them to achieve the heights you desired, usually either the table or counter.

You often have one finger popped into your mouth while a finger on your other hand twirls a small strand of hair on your head. You do this to fall asleep and any other time you are sitting somewhat still.  If I read a book to you, you twirl your hair and suck your finger while you listen. When you want to watch a "veedeeo", you run to the sofa, climb up, plop yourself down, get the fingers twirling and sucking and wait patiently for the movie to start.

Here are just a few things that I love about you:
  • The way your face lights up when you see me and a big smile comes to your face.
  • The way you run to me with your arms outstretched wanting me to pick you up.
  • The way you love to listen to books.
  • The way you talk.
  • The way you nod your head up and down and say "es" for yes.
  • The way your hair is always messed up, usually with one ponytail in and the other one out :)
  • The way you do the motions to songs, especially "The Wheels on the Bus."
There are many other things I could mention that are cute and funny about you, but lets just suffice to say that you are adorable. Your bright smile, big brown eyes, and bouncy steps light up a room. I love you Lydia Eileen Lehman and am blessed to be your grandma.





No comments:

Post a Comment