Thursday, May 12, 2016

Splish Spash

We are all a little tired of rain around here. It seems like in the last two weeks it has rained at least once a day. Sometimes we would catch glimpses of the sun, but always the rain would return. With so many days with so little sun, it can be difficult to stay positive. I've heard a lot of people remark that they are a little depressed and have no energy. Maybe we all should take lessons from Awstin. Instead of getting cranky because of the lack of sun, he just jumps into the puddles that the rain leaves behind and splashes around and has a great time. This may be a good lesson for life. When we hit bumps and discouragement on this journey through life, we should just find a way to make the best of what the situation gives us. Who knows, we may find that we even have fun with it!

Maybe the weather has affected me too, because I have had no desire to write anything on this blog. My mind can't think of one thing to write about. Thankfully it doesn't really matter because I am under so obligation to post anything. However, after spending the day with Awstin yesterday, I decided that a couple of videos of him enjoying the day might be fun to share. As I've said before, there is nothing like a little child to make you smile.

Even though it was cloudy all day, it was warm and we were able to be outside. We tramped down to our favorite place--the park. We started out with the playhouse...
Then we moved on to the hammock...
While Awstin was swinging in the hammock, I got a text from Steve wondering if I could bring sweet corn seed out to the shop as the guy was there to plant corn. I told Awstin that we needed to go up to the shop, but that I needed to go into the house first to get seed for Grandpa. He took off for the shop and after glancing around to make sure no big trucks were around, I figured he would be fine until I caught up to him. I went into the house to get the seed and when I came out I saw Awstin happily playing in this mud puddle.
He was having such a good time that I left him go for awhile. Why should I ruin a little boy's fun? Afterward, as we were walking into the house and his clothes were dripping with mud and his shoes were squishing he told me he needed to go to the "wash down." Clearly the boy watches too much of Thomas the Tank Engine! J

No comments:

Post a Comment