Thursday, April 21, 2016

This and That



Well, our store is officially open and now we just have to hope for the customers to come. We have had positive feedback from those who have stopped by and we realize we have to be patient and wait for the word to get around. One Amish lady told us that "this is too good to be true" so we were very happy to hear that. Our community has a lot of Amish and we hoped that our discount groceries would appeal to them. We are anxious to get the food pantry up and running too, but will have to wait and see how well the store does before we open those doors.

Even though everything has gone fairly well with the store, it has still been kind of stressful, so I thought a couple of things to make me smile would be appropriate to post on my blog. 


How can you not smile back at this adorable face?!?!
On the third Tuesday of each month, I keep children for a Bible Study that Jay and Kristen attend at New Danville Mennonite Church. It is usually just their children and two other sisters (Ashlyn and Sarah) that I watch. This past Tuesday, I was reading a book to them, and Alexis grabbed my phone and snapped this picture. I love the expressions on the childrens' faces.
I wonder what part I was reading that has them so captivated. I think it was a book about Peter Rabbit.

Awstin and I like to walk down to the park on Wednesdays and sit on the swing and sing. In this video we are singing "Here Comes the Bible Train." Take notice of the pink candy that he has in his mouth. We had just come from Megan and Jeremy's house after watching the train in their basement and he always pilfers a few candies before we leave!
Don't we sound good together?

How fortunate we are to have little people in our lives to make us smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment