Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy Birthday Jeremy!

The first year that I started this blog, I recognized each member of my family on their birthday. Since then, two new members (not counting grandchildren) have joined our family and so this year I will write a little bit about them on their birthday. Today, my one and only son-in-law, Jeremy Paul Kreider, turns twenty-four years old.

When Megan first started dating Jeremy, like any parents, Steve and I were full of questions. "Who is this guy?" "What is his background?" "What does he do for a living?" "How do we know that he will treat our daughter well?" We soon discovered that Jeremy was a very likable young man and a lot of fun to be around. The more we got to know him the more we liked him. He was easy to talk to and had no problem holding his own in our somewhat corny Lehman conversations. Our family can be kind of weird and crazy at times and it didn't seem to faze him. It wasn't too long until we realized that he was probably here to stay and we were happy about that.

I like Jeremy a lot. He is hard-working, conscientious, well-mannered, funny, and a good husband to Megan. Even though being the time keeper at Bible quizzes wasn't something he really enjoyed, he did it because he knew Megan loved to be involved with quizzing. He is handy with the grill and was especially pleased last summer when he tackled chicken barbecue on it and the finished result was delicious. He is also a good mechanic. Oh, one other thing. He LOVES hunting!!! He was very happy to get his first buck this past hunting season.

Since Megan and Jeremy have been married they usually join us on Wednesday evening for supper. I always look forward to those times and it is fun to hear Jeremy's stories of his week's adventures. He has quite a way with words and usually has me laughing as he humorously recounts an experience that he had or something that happened to him. I like that Jeremy is comfortable in our house and will just go to the cupboard and take out a cup and then open the refrigerator and get the iced tea and pour himself a glass.

Above all, he makes Megan happy and that is what counts the most. As parents, we love to see our children happy in their relationships and their life. Jeremy is a wonderful addition to our family and I am thankful to call him my son-in-law.

Happy birthday Jeremy!

No comments:

Post a Comment