Thursday, February 19, 2015

Brrrrr

It's cold. I don't mean just cold. It's really, really cold. If the predictions are correct, the temperature is going to get down to zero tonight and not rise very far above it tomorrow. Now I like winter, but I will admit that even I am getting a little bit tired of this bone-chilling arctic blast.

It  hasn't helped that I have been sick. While it seemed like everyone around me was struggling with sickness over the past couple months, I felt fine as a fiddle with not even a hint of illness except for the normal headache now and again. However, last Tuesday I began to feel a tickle in my throat and it went downhill pretty quickly from there. I ended up spending most of the rest of the week in bed with a cough and fever. Lois and I had planned for round 2 of dress shopping last Thursday but I had to cancel that. (What a pity.)
 
Thankfully, I am pretty well recovered except for a slight cough that refuses to go away. I know I need to reschedule the dress shopping but honestly, when it is this cold, I can't even think about it. I told Lois we will wait until warmer weather to venture out again. (I should add that since my Blog about my dress search I have been receiving many helpful hints of stores to try and styles to wear. Even my son Jay is looking for a dress for me and sent me a link to one he thought might be suitable!)

I decided on this cold night, I needed something to make me smile, so I dug out a couple pictures of my grandchildren. Most of them are from a few weeks ago, when we kept Jay's children at their house (except for Hannah) and had Awstin along with us as well. As I was looking through the pictures, I realized that I need to get an updated one of Hannah. Hopefully I can post one of her soon.

Alexis and her build-a-bear, Sparkle.
 The three children found my phone very entertaining....
 ...but Awstin was happy to play with their kitchen set while they were occupied with my phone.
 Seriously, who thinks up what to write on little boys' shirts?
The two boys were playing together so nicely, but by the time I got my phone out to video them, Awstin was tired of it.
 


I'm glad I have pictures to look back on and make me smile on these cold, winter evenings. I am fortunate to have a warm house and all that I need inside while the wind howls outside. There's still plenty of time to shop for a dress, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment