Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Kristen!

 
Today is my daughter-in-law Kristen's birthday. For the past year, I have been recognizing each person in my family on their birthday and writing a short blog about them. I started on March 15, 2013 with my birthday and almost a year later this completes the circle. I will not continue to do this every year, but I have really enjoyed expressing with written word the love that I have for each member of my family. So last but definitely not least here is my tribute to Kristen!

One never knows when a new member joins the family, how they will fit in, but with Kristen it was an easy adjustment. Her sparkling brown eyes crinkle at the corners when she laughs (which is often) and she is not shy about participating in any conversation or family event. She is an amazing cook and is always whipping up some delicious mouthwatering dish. Our family learned early on that if Kristen was making the meal we would not be disappointed.

Jay and Kristen married on June 11, 2005 and after a year or so of renting a nearby house, they purchased a mobile home and set it on a small section of our property at the top of our hill. They lived there for a few years before moving on to the farm where they are living now and one of my favorite memories from that time, was watching Kristen beautifully create her flower gardens. In fact, after seeing what an awesome job she did I asked her if I could pay her to do mine as well. She was agreeable and that was probably the only time in my life that I felt good about the way my landscaping looked.

Her creativity comes out in many ways: crafts, baking, scrapbooking, housekeeping, gardening  to name a few. She is not afraid to tackle any project and I am continually in awe of her energy and talent. She is a committed Christian and is very conscious of living a godly life and teaching her children to love Jesus.

Kristen is a wonderful mother. As three children arrived in a little over three years, Kristen welcomed each one so excitedly and as a treasured gift from God. She keeps the household running smoothly and is incredibly organized. She has so much patience and allows her children to "help" her in any way they can. She encourages them to try new things and shows them how to love life. Another thing she is adding to her plate this year is homeschooling and there is not a doubt in my mind that she will be fabulous at it.

Sometimes being a mother-in-law can be a difficult role, but Kristen has made it easy for me. She is sensitive, caring, loving and respectful and I enjoy spending time with her. As I said in my blog for Melissa, the one thing that a mother desires above all else is that her children are happy. Kristen makes Jay happy and I am incredibly thankful for their love for each other, their family, and for the Lord.

I am blessed to have Kristen Eileen (Charles) Lehman as my daughter-in-law. Happy birthday!
 
P.S. And just in case you didn't know my daughters-in-law are sisters! How cool is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment