Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Texting

     Like a lot of other people in my generation, I have learned how to text. I felt like I was getting pretty good at it on my old cell phone, but since I upgraded to a Smartphone with a flat screen I have been hopelessly floundering at trying to locate the right letters as I text.   I sometimes use audio text but often it just isn't convenient to speak out loud when you are trying to text someone and there are others in the room. I have found a lifesaver for me is the word prompts that my phone gives me as I try to spell a word.  It is pretty amazing how my "smart" phone knows just the word I am trying to come up with.
     The person I text the most often with is Megan.  Sometimes we have some pretty funny conversations.  Here are a few of my favorites:

I had asked her to get hamburger out of the freezer to thaw. She left with a friend and forgot.
Megan:  "You are going to kill me but I forgot to get the hamburger out."
Me:  "Bang, bang."
Megan: "Clutches heart, gasping for air in a puddle of blood."


1:48 pm, Jan. 29 - Neil & Elaine are my co-workers
Megan: "In case you care, im deathly ill."
Me: "What's wrong?"
Megan: "My energy level is like -13."
Me: "Neil is praying for you. What's the basis of your energy level we wonder?"
Megan: "The mt everest of tissues beside me."
Me: "You r funny. Neil says u need a mt Zion of energy power."
Megan: "This is true."
Me: "Elaine feels your pain."
Megan: "I'm glad i am the water cooler talk there."
Me: "We love you!"
Megan: "I can tell."
Me: "Does my poor deathly ill daughter need me to bring her anything? I will be leaving at 3:30."
Megan: " Make sure you get more tissues."


11:27 am, Feb. 25
Me: "I'm sorry to say u owe $21.00 in taxes."
Megan: "What?! I am angry."
Me: "I know. I can't believe it. I picked up the taxes this morning."
Megan: "I'm quitting pvd."


2:46 pm, Feb. 25
Me: "If u r looking for something to do look at the wedding dress on this link. I actually like it."
Megan: "Really? I dont."
Me: "Yes I do."
Megan: "Well dont get too attached to the style. haha."
Me: "Haha I won't. What don't u like? It would be a good style on you."
Megan: "I just don't...I don't know."
Me: "I mean the skirt is perfect."
Megan: "I don't like the vertical ruffles, thats what it is."



12:11 pm, Mar. 6
Megan: "I feel i should let you know that i am boycotting the snow by refusing to get out of bed."
Me: "GET UP!!!! Its not even enough snow to worry about."
Megan: "When i look out the small gap of my window I see white."
Me: "Its a mirage. There is no snow in quarryville."
Megan: "I see it it's there. No mirage."
Me: "Well u should still get up. It won't hurt you."
Megan: "Maybe.

Life is interesting. Ten years ago I would have never dreamed that texting would be a common way to communicate with someone else. I wonder what changes another ten years will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment