Friday, May 22, 2015

My Two Grandsons

I've seen the saying, "At Grandma's house is where cousins become best friends." For these two little guys, no matter which grandparent's house they are at, they will have each other. That is the benefit of being a double cousin (just in case you didn't know, my two oldest sons married sisters). I have the feeling that Mark and Awstin are going to have a lot of fun times together.

I have had both Alexis and Lydia to my house by themselves overnight and Mark seemed anxious to have his turn as well, so on Tuesday evening, I brought him home to spend the night. Since I keep Awstin every Wednesday, it seemed the perfect time for him to come, so he would have a playmate. He was so excited and talked nonstop in the car, jabbering about this and that. After we got home, he played contentedly by himself for awhile, then we had snack and he went to bed without fussing (just the way Grandma likes).

In the morning, after a breakfast of waffles, we waited for Awstin to come. It was special to see how delighted they were to see each other. They ran off together happily and pretty much stuck by each other's side throughout the day. There was a little bit of an issue with sharing the tricycle but for the most part they did really well. Of course Mark's vocabulary is a lot bigger than Awstin's but they managed to communicate. Who needs to say words when you are just playing?

I love to ask Mark what his name is.  Can you understand what he says? Hint: he is named after both grandpas.


Awstin likes his nuggets covered in catsup :)
 
 
The tricycle got used a lot.
 
 
Mark gives Awstin a hand (or a push)
 
 
Dropping stones and running up and down a hill is fun!

 
 
Watch your head Awstin!
 
     Another thing they both enjoy is playing in vehicles. Fortunately Grandma took the keys out.

            I love Awstin's expression here. It's like, "what do you mean we can't go for a drive?"

What fun to have a cousin close to your age. I love seeing my grandchildren not only be cousins but friends and I hope my house provides many happy memories for them in the years to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment