Saturday, July 12, 2014

Awstin Is One Year Old!

Today is Awstin's first birthday! What a cute and fun little guy he is. I really enjoy keeping him every Wednesday and even though I've seen it plenty of times in my life, it still amazes me how much a little person learns in one short year. He is almost walking and he likes to try to mimic words that you say. Right now his favorite word is "uh oh." He is a busy little guy and loves to clean out drawers, play with anything that has tires or makes noise and he is thrilled when he can climb stairs. He has even learned how to turn around at the top and come down backwards.

We celebrated his birthday last Saturday when we were together as a family. Melissa bought a cupcake for him and he was a little puzzled with all the attention and unsure at first of the sweet that was placed before him. He started tentatively but as you can see from the pictures, he gets more aggressive with it and is soon covered with sticky frosting. The funniest thing was when Kristen asked him, "where's Awstin?" (When anyone asks him that he puts both hands on his head--I think he is trying to cover his eyes, but he misses and just smacks his head.) He promptly put both icing covered hands on the top of his head. It was hilarious!


Here is the happy birthday video. I stopped it a little early, but I wanted to get some still pictures of him too, so I elected to cut the video short.


 
He's not sure what to think.
 
He's wondering why Mommy and Grandma keep taking pictures of him.

 
Here is where Kristen said, "where's Awstin?"
 
Covered!


Happy sticky boy!
 
With his presents
 

I took this video last Wednesday of him and Grandpa.


Happy birthday Awstin!

No comments:

Post a Comment