Monday, July 7, 2014

2014 Family Day


Each summer we try to find a day to just be together as a family. It certainly gets to be a challenge to find a date that suits everyone, but we all managed to make it work this past Saturday.
 
We started out the day with breakfast at the house. After that everyone but Kristen and me and the grandkids tried their hand at golfing. While they were honing their golf skills, Kristen and I took the kids to Cherry Crest Farm. This is such a great place to take small children and we had a wonderful time.
 
Around mid afternoon we all met together again back at the house, and had a birthday party for Awstin who will turn 1 on the 12th (I'll post some pictures on his birthday). Then we just relaxed until late afternoon. Quite a few went down to the "park" and the children had a great time splashing in the creek. Alexis and Lydia were excited to inform me that they caught one black salamander. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of it, as I used this time to clean up the house a little bit :)
 
In the evening we went to a Lancaster Barnstormer's game. We purchased picnic area tickets and I would highly recommend this for anyone that takes small children to a game. There was plenty of room for them to run around and they didn't have to sit in a small seat. Instead we enjoyed eating Hess' Barbecue at picnic tables with a fantastic view of the game. The kids also loved the play area that the ball park has for children to enjoy.

Here is the day in pictures:



























 


I love family days!

No comments:

Post a Comment