Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Showers....


Its a rainy day around here and the last day of April. If the saying is true that April showers bring May flowers than April is trying to get all the rain in that it can on this last day of the month. As a matter of fact, I love rainy days. I always have and probably always will. Today, I am fortunate enough not to have to go to work because it is my day to keep Awstin so I am making the most of this day at home and this rain. There is something about a rainy day that inspires me to do things that I wouldn't normally do, such as make a pot of soup and/or homemade bread, clean up a room, organize my kitchen, catch up on office work, etc.
 
I chose to go with the soup and bread option today, so I have a big pot of broccoli and cheese soup on the stove and I am waiting for my bread dough to rise before I bake it.
 

I like to think that God sends us the rain not only to replenish the earth and water it so that flowers, crops, grass, etc. will grow but also to replenish our souls and allow us to water our lives with some activities that rejuvenate us and give us a feeling of accomplishment that so often in our busyness of daily life we are missing. Let it rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment