Monday, December 2, 2013

It's That Time of the Year

Well, here we are at the busy time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually never feel settled at this time of year for a number of reasons. Although I absolutely love Christmas music and beautiful lights and the significance of Jesus' birth, I always have the feeling that there is something that I need to do, and someplace that I need to go, and something that I need to buy, and that somehow I never quite do the whole Christmas season as well as everyone else does. I suppose it is just too much looking at what everyone else is doing, how beautifully they are decorating, and how many dozens of Christmas cookies that they made etc, that makes me feel inadequate and think that I don't do this time of the year justice, and that my poor family suffers because of it.

This Christmas season is either going to be even more stressful or else (as I hope) more relaxing then any other. On December 9, Steve and I, and his brother Bob and wife Julia, are taking a one week vacation to Germany and Austria. We are traveling with TourMagination on what is called their European Christmas Market tour. This will leave me with less time at home to deal with the pre-Christmas stuff. I am hoping this will be a positive in that there will be things happening while we are gone that we obviously can't attend so I won't feel so overwhelmed with rushing around to this and that. However, I am smart enough to realize that getting back a week before December 25 will put a lot of pressure on those few days before Christmas. I am trying to persuade Megan that putting up the Christmas tree and decorating might be something that her and Jeremy would enjoy doing while we are gone, but I'm not sure I have convinced her.

As I jet across the Atlantic Ocean and back again, I want to keep in mind how blessed I am and  I am going to try to keep this wonderful season of the year in perspective and enjoy it to the fullest and to remember that Jesus came to earth as a tiny baby for ME! Why should I stress out about little things that don't even matter?

In my last post I mentioned things that I am thankful for. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and here are a few snapshots of our family time together.

Thanksgiving Eve
Jay and Steve chatting while Awstin grabs a quick nap


Checking out a You Tube video. Notice all the Black Friday ad papers on the table. The children love to look through them and discuss what they will buy although usually they never actually make it to the store.


These two have been really shy about getting their picture taken together,
but I persuaded them to pose for me.


We spent the Sunday after Thanksgiving with the Lehman Family at the Kauffman's. I am so blessed to have these people in my life!

Sofia and Alaina


l-r  Krista, Nancy, Gina holding Brycen, Anna holding Katrina


Jennifer and Brendon (Judy in background)


Tasha and Zach


Mom


Julia (she is taking a picture of me)


Joel


Dan and Bob


Cheryl, Mom, Marie (Mom's sister), Doris


Zach & Brycen 


l-r Andrew, Megan, Joel holding Brendon, Dad

It's the most wonderful time of the year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment