Friday, July 12, 2013

Dear Awstin,

Happy birthday Awstin Wade Lehman!!! Finally, you have arrived! We are so excited and already have fallen in love with you!

I first learned about your existence last Christmas. Your daddy had my name in our gift exchange and after I had opened his present he said, "there is a card in there too." Unsuspectingly, I pulled the little card out of its envelope and skimmed its contents. My heart stopped and I reread it again to make sure I understood it.

Mom, The gift we wanted to get you (which we know you will enjoy for many years) is back ordered until July. We got this gift so you would have something to open on Christmas. But the gift we know you will LOVE has an estimated arrival date of July 4, 2013. Love, Shawn & Melissa.
     
I gasped and looked at your mommy and daddy and said, "Are you serious?!?! I just can't believe it!!!" I threw the card at Grandpa and rushed over to hug both of them.  The rest of the family was sitting in stunned silence not understanding what was happening. As the card got passed around and everyone realized that you would be arriving next summer, the excitement escalated. Your Aunt Kristen and I were crying with happiness and the others were smiling and congratulating your parents. It was a special moment that I will always remember. After 10 years of marriage, your mommy and daddy would be welcoming a third member (well fourth--I can't forget Indy) into their family.

In February, we were delighted to find out that you were a boy and we continued to look forward to July when we would get to meet you. The beginning of July came and went and everyone was getting a little impatient. However, you were on your own timetable and did not want to be rushed.

What a sweetie you are! You weighed in at a whopping 9 pounds 15 ounces so you are a "big" baby and already have a great start on life! I believe you are going to have big eyes just like your daddy & mommy and I love the little bit of hair you have on your head.

You are a lucky little boy to be a part of this family. You will be loved by your parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. You will find that the Lehman family can be goofy and silly and some days you will probably wonder about the strange antics of your wacko relatives but rest assured that underneath that silliness is a family that cares deeply, loves unconditionally, and will stick by each other no matter what. Welcome!  We love you!

Love,

Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment