Friday, May 26, 2017

Someone Is 6 Years Old!


I'm finally getting around to posting pictures from Lydia's 6th birthday party. Her birthday was May 19 and we actually celebrated it the Sunday before. Lydia was so excited about her party and she was anxiously awaiting Steve and me and her other grandparents arrival. About 20 minutes before we got there she crawled up on Jay's lap and fell fast asleep. She had exhausted herself with anticipation! So when we arrived we found her sleeping. However, she soon woke up and was delighted to find that we were all there and ready to party. Lydia likes everyone to wear party hats at her birthday party so we dutifully put them on. I didn't have my camera then so didn't get any pictures, but I saw Kristen snapping some of all of us around the table with the tiny hats perched on our heads!

Lydia loves outdoors and gardening so Kristen made a garden cake for her. Isn't it so creative?! Here we are singing Happy Birthday.



As everyone was crowding around Lydia and snapping pictures of her and the cake, I heard this little voice calling "me picture, me picture!" I turned to Hannah and said, "did you want your picture taken too?" She said "yes" so I took this picture of her and she was happy (even though she kept her finger in her mouth)


We love celebrating birthdays with our grandchildren! The next birthday that this family will celebrate is that of a new little one the middle of July. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment