Monday, December 21, 2015

Hannah is One!

Today is sweet little Hannah's 1st birthday. Kristen decided not to have a big celebration for her since it is so close to Christmas and Hannah wouldn't know the difference anyway. They are just having a small party with her at home today. Her older siblings were excited for her and couldn't wait to watch her eat her cake and see her get her face all messed up with cake and icing! I'm sure she will have plenty of help to open her presents too!

Yesterday, Steve and I spent the evening with Steve's mom and we invited Jay and Kristen and family to join us for a pizza supper and then we gave Hannah her birthday gift from us. Mom enjoys having the children around and it was a fun evening spent together. Hannah wasn't quite sure what to make of the present. She tore the paper off for a little while and then got tired of it and left it to her siblings who were happy to finish opening it for her!

It is so fun to see Hannah getting around and joining in with the activity around her. For a while, it was hard to really get to know Hannah, because her older siblings would clamor for my attention and Hannah was content to stay with her mom or dad. Lately, Hannah  has been getting a lot more sociable and actually seems to like me a little bit. I have no doubt that it won't be long until she is running in the door with the rest of them, calling hello, giving hugs, and beaming from ear to ear! 

Standing over her present and loving the attention she is getting. "Is this for me?"

Tearing off the first piece. I think she is clueless that there is something in the box for her!

Brother and sister are willing helpers.

Making progress. After this she soon lost interest and wandered off and left her siblings finish opening it. I realized I didn't even take a picture of her present. It was a little shirt and jumper and a toy. 

I wish the lighting would be better on this picture, but was glad to get one at all. Mom really enjoys have the great-grandchildren around. You have to be fast to snap a picture of Hannah though. She doesn't stay in one place very long!

Just a short video clip. I love her shriek of delight at the beginning.

Well, that is the last of the grandchildren's birthdays for the year. I think I blogged and posted pictures for each one. I'm not sure that I will continue to do that next year, but I guess I have a little time to decide since the next grandchild's birthday won't be until May.

Happy birthday Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment