Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Mother of the Bride's Dress

Here is the picture that I promised of the dress that I wore to Megan and Jeremy's wedding. It wasn't anything special but I felt good in it so that was important. I should have specifically gotten someone to take a picture of me but of course I had other things on my mind that day and didn't think to ask someone. As I looked through the pictures, there were very few that really showed the entire dress. This one with Alexis was the best one.
 
This Sunday will be six weeks removed from the wedding. Megan and Jeremy are doing well and seem to be adjusting to and loving married life. I have a standing invitation for them to join us for supper on Wednesday evenings and they seem glad to accept and enjoy a meal that they don't have to prepare. It is always nice to spend time with them and catch up with things that are going on in each other's lives. Steve and I are enjoying the empty nest and I am slowly working on cleaning out the upstairs that Megan vacated. It will be nice to have extra rooms up there for the grandchildren to sleep in when they spend the night. That way we won't have to chase Grandpa down to sleep on the sofa in the basement when they come over. Until they get older, I will probably have to sleep upstairs with them, but at least it allows Grandpa the comfort of his own bed :)
 
It is nice to have the wedding in the past. It was a fun, happy, and joyous day and one we can all look back on with pleasant memories, but now we move on and settle into a new routine and I can honestly say that I am glad to begin this phase of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment