Friday, August 8, 2014

5 Years Old!

It's hard to believe that five years have passed since we first became grandparents, but time doesn't lie. Today, this beautiful little girl turns five years old! I suppose I am somewhat bias, but I think Alexis is one of the prettiest, most intelligent, and most creative five-year-old girls on the planet. I enjoy our "discussions" and I love seeing and hearing about all her accomplishments, whether it is a picture she colored, new words that she is learning to read, or any other thing she has created, imagined or mastered.
 
As Alexis marks the halfway point of a decade of life, there is definitely no baby left in her. She is all little girl. It is a joy and a privilege to be a grandparent and I am really thankful for this delightful child that started us on this grandparenting path. Happy birthday Alexis!


PS. Alexis and her family are camping this weekend. I will post some pictures later of the birthday celebration. Here are a few snapshots of Alexis that I took over the past several months.

Holding a little bunny they found in a nest in the meadow.

Proudly displaying her catch.

Riding a wagon though the corn at Cherry Crest
 
Going down the slide at Cherry Crest 

No comments:

Post a Comment