Sunday, July 12, 2015

Awstin is 2!

This little guy turned 2 years old today! Two years isn't that long a time, but it is hard to remember (or imagine) life without him. He certainly changed the lives of everyone around him. After being married for 10 years before adding a child, I can only imagine the adjustments that Shawn and Melissa had to make.  However, this little ray of sunshine certainly made the life changes well worth the while. I have really enjoyed keeping Awstin every Wednesday. Seeing him at least once a week, gives me the advantage of witnessing firsthand all his little (and big) achievements. I love when he comes in my door and calls "maw maw!" When he sees me he comes running with arms outstretched. Such a warm welcome always melts my heart. I know how quickly these years go by, so I try to treasure all the moments that I spend with my grandchildren. I hope that when they grow up, they are still happy to see me.
 
Shawn and Melissa had a little birthday party for Awstin at Silver Mine Park. It was a nice evening together with family. His cousins were all there to enjoy the moment with him so that made it special. Melissa and a friend made a very creative cake. It was so cute! Awstin really hadn't been to a birthday party before, and they weren't sure if he would really understand what was going on. I'm not sure he did get most of it, but when it came time to blow out the candles he blew them right out. Everyone was amazed, but I'm pretty sure he knew what to do because I have videos of all his cousins blowing out their birthday candles on their cakes and it is one of his favorite things to watch when he is at my house.

Taking a bite out of one of the tires.

Showing off his black teeth.

Lydia helpfully shows him what is in the gift bag.

His cousins wait in anticipation as Awstin puts his hand in the bag to pull something out.

Mark loved the little farm toys too!

Alexis shows Awstin his new Clifford books.

Alexis, Lydia and Mark admire Awstin's presents. He is so lucky to have such wonderful cousins!


Here's the birthday video. I know it is a little long, but I am positive that Awstin will enjoy watching it again and again. 
 
It is fun to share in our grandchildren's birthdays. Next one up is Alexis' in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment